As Black Communities continue to face greater challenges in 2020, we hope young adults and children of today will be the ones left to solve them. ACAI’s Know-Your-Peak (KYP) Program educates and seeks to provide the necessary training for Black youths to know their human rights and limits as citizens, prepare them for an evolving job market and encourage the application of contemporary skills to solve the complex social, political, technological, and environmental issues of our time. KYP is an online and in-class financial literacy/personal development program integrated into our Arise Africa initiative, a national campaign for Black Youth (aged 14-49) that promotes Black pride and positive cultural identity through history, technology, entrepreneurship, social innovation, fashion, culinary, visual, literary and performing arts. The KYP curriculum subscribes to our mission of raising the bar of Black excellence and fostering great leadership delivered by intersecting the themes of capacity development and financial literacy.
Some of our KYP Objectives are:
- To provide resources for Black youth to be self-sufficient socio-economically (the application of social skills and integration of financial literacy)
- To ensure Black-Canadians communities have a better sense of how to sustain a regiment that stimulates wealth creation while also maintaining a healthy trajectory of personal development.
- Character development and leadership skills in all aspects of learning, personal and professional development
- Engaging participants in interactive learning and capacity building through appealing content nestled in the appeal of Pop Culture
- Leaving participants with practical transferable life and professional skill sets that will render them competitive on the open marketplace and in any number of industries and interests.
- Completing a project with tangible results i.e. personal portfolios that will continue to inspire further achievement.
Our goal is to foster communication and solidarity amongst Black-Canadian families while creating positive impacts on the lives of every Black in our community as well as encouraging our youths to realize their full potentials.